Sunday, June 13, 2010

GRADUATION: from day into night - inspired by Lady Gaga in Alejandro!

      It's that time of the year again!! I know this is a little late - colleges & universities have graduated already (congrats!!) - but I'm sure elementary and high school students still have less than a month to go! I've been meaning to re-create this look for awhile since... this was actually basically the same bronzey look I used leaving the world of high school :O. Of course, I didn't have the Alice palette back then - but I was lucky enough to have owned those two MAC shadow + pigments which were actually Christmas presents (thanks Trish!) :)
      Now, for those on a budget, you could easily use Maybelline EyeStudio Quad in Give Me Gold, as well as other drugstore shadows.

      Lucky me, Alejandro premiered and gave me more creative inspiration!




Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
DAY & NIGHT
( sweeping my bangs to the side, doesn't the darker-lips look have a pin-up-y feel to it? )

Video & list of products after the jump!







      Um. I'm not gonna lie - I didn't realize my first (left) eye had a smokey-er & more dramatic cat-eye than the one I did in the tutorial. I just had more time focusing on copying Gaga's look for practice, but when the camera was on, I guess you could say I got kinda nervous :s
      ....so LITERALLY this SHOWS two different looks - as simple or as dramatic as you like :) ha!



PRODUCTS USED
FACE
  • Olay's Anti-Wrinkle Daily SPF 15 Lotion
  • MAC Foundation in NC37 (hooooolay I never realized I was THAT dark?!!?!!)
  • Lise Watier Concealer Wheel in Light Complexion
  • CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder in Translucent Medium
  • MAC Beauty Powder in Belightful
EYES
  • Geo Nudy Blue Circle Lens (www.candylens.com - check them out, make sure you mention whimzicleinga!)
  • Urban Decay's Original Primer Potion
  • Rimmel Kohl White Pencil
  • Urban Decay eyeshadow in Polyester White (White Rabbit in Alice Palette), X (Muchness)
  • MAC eyeshadow in Bronze
  • MAC pigment in Copperized
  • Maybelline EyeStudio in Blackest Black
  • Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara
LIPS
  • elf lip liner in Bitter
  • Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 740
  • Rimmel lip liner in Eastend Snob
  • MAC Satin lipstick in Crosswires




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
just wanted to show how DOLLY (literally) these contacts made me look :|



I'm so sorry for lying so much!!!
Katy Perry California Gurls look coming as soon as I figure out how to do her hair!
OR when the video premiers.. :p




Happy Graduating!!




thismessagewasbroughttoyouby♥Ingrid



Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! :)
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @whimzicleinga
Follow me on Twitter: @_sexformoney

No comments:

Post a Comment