Wednesday, June 2, 2010

RED LIPS SWATCHES / REVLON SUPER LUSTROUS LIPSTICK REVIEW


      Since I'm still healing from my wisdom tooth contraction, any filming whatsoever won't be available until ... hopefully this weekend the soonest at least :S I'm really getting tired of this swollen cheek, and especially since it's on the side I looove to sleep on, I've been waking up really cranky and exhausted *sigh

      While I'm still not camera-presentable, I finally got the time to swatch these new lippies I got just last week, the day of the Sex & the City 2 premiere! :) There was a sale on Revlon Super Lustrous lippies for $4.99 I think, which is a huuuge break since they're usually almost $10!!! (yes, I'm cheap, but I am unemployed so you gotta give a girl a break here). I went on a red lipstick RAMPAGE! Even though I've totally already fallen in love with my YSL Rouge Volupte #16 - which is a nice orangey red (swatched below), I thought I'd give other reds a whirl :) ..in the meantime, I quickly passed by MAC at the Bay to pick up Crosswires - the perfect Coral Pink for my complection - using a gift card I got for my birthday.





Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't bother using a lip liner since I rushed with these swatches (the sun was running out, and just a few minutes after I was done the rain came POUUUURINGGG!! >.<) They were applied directly from the tube .. if I used a lipbrush, and I only have one, I wouldn't get the truest color since it'd be too sheer AND too much brush cleaning effort :p Can't be expecting too much from sick little ol' me *innocent face*


( click pictures for full size )
Photobucket Photobucket
Now with Crosswires..... I don't know? I really like the color, but I don't remember it being so BABY PINK on my lips... *intense brain fart*
      Since it's a Cremesheen finish, the texture's obviously gonna be creamy (lolz, you're gonna see that word A LOT a lot..), and a little more moisturizing than Revlon's SLL's. ..I'd like to say they're an in-between the Rouge Volupte and Super Lustrous, yes :)! It gives a really nice sheer wash, but it's definitely buildable. My favorite everyday-lippie so far!

Photobucket Photobucket
I can officially say, with a 89% confidence, that Fire & Ice is a somewhat good dupe of YSL's #16 Red Temptation. I only say somewhat because the Rouge Volupte line is just soooo creamy and the texture is so die for! And that fruity scent, so yummy! Fire & Ice is a little blue-toned compared to the incredibly orange-y #16, but it's a definite must-have as red lipsticks go.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
I also grabbed Certainly Red 'cuz I was looking for something like YSL's #17 Red Muse which is a deep red. I had that color for awhile but had to exchange it for #16 when I realized it wasn't really a "wearable" - for day-to-day - color. Once I get the cheddah, #17 is DEFINITELY coming back to my home!!!! We belong together.

...and for Love That Pink, a little sneak peak at my upcoming foundation/concealer/contouring vid:
Photobucket Photobucket
Luckily I filmed that badboy the day before my dentist appointment (D':)
( I actually applied Revlon's Lasting Finish in Airy Fairy in the centre )

      I surprisingly really like Love That Pink. At first, I thought it was gonna be similar to MAC's Girl About Town, but Camille actually has mine right now (I WANT IT BACK PLEAASE loll!) so I couldn't figure whether or not it was a dupe.



      It was reaaaaally hard trying to capture the colors correctly. I'm not sure if it was just 'cuz I tried on a cloudy day or I should've tried a full-face kinda thing.... :S who knows! I tried *all* the settings on my damn digicam, but the colors either ended up more blue or orange. ...and whenever that happened, it was for the opposite ones (the oranges turned blue vice versa). I did my best!

      The Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks have a verry nice, creamy texture to it (but more on the matte-lipstick kind of creamy, not like slippery & moist). They're definitely not drying, but I wouldn't say they're moisturizing either. Especially with my dry lips, I'd apply lipbalm/Vaseline a few minutes beforehand. As for staying power, I'd blot them onto a tissue first to make it a little matte for security. After blotting, they do pretty well w/o a lip pencil underneath! (I always have the need to prime my lips w/ liner first :S). They don't stray or bleed.. which is definitely not the case for YSL Rouge Volupte lippies since they're so softly-creamy & moisturizing.
      I'm not too sure about this, it might just depend on the batch, but they can go on a little streaky as well. You can tell the most on Fire & Ice's swatch, it's kinda funny =)

Foundation/Concealer/Contouring video should be up before/by Friday :)

thismessagewasbroughttoyouby♥Ingrid



Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! :)
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @whimzicleinga
Follow me on Twitter: @_sexformoney

2 comments:

  1. You have really pretty lips. oO Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to achieve my goals. I certainly enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog. Keeps the information coming.
    Red lips

    ReplyDelete