Saturday, May 22, 2010

CORAL PINK PROM EYES

      So sorry I've been loafting on the Crest White strips! I've actually only used up two by now - I've been too lazy and the pain scares me too much (I'm a big wuss) =c. I'll definitely post on the "3rd day", which would be the 6th strip(s) :)





(false lashes not included in this picture)

      Not to brag or anything, but this look took me two seconds to whip it up. I just saw the coral-y color and got sooo excited!!! :) :)
      This look would go well with any light colors, pastel, white, coral if you'd like to match. It really helps to brighten up the face while accenting brown & green ice really nicely.

Video and List of Products after the jump!










Magical Tools:

all prices are Canadian

FACE:
- Johnson's Aloe And Vitamin E Baby Lotion (affordable & perfect for sensitive skin!)
- ELF's Mineral Face Primer (not a necessity, so skip this as needed. ) [$6]
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC30 ($31)
- NYC Matte Bronzer in 720C Sunny [$3.89] with ELF Blush Brush [$3 single, mine came w/ brush set]
- ELF Candid Coral Blush [$3]

EYE:
- - MAC shadow in Carbon with Travel Angled Brush + Great Lash Clear Mascara
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin [$21]
- Urban Outfitters 66 Well Eyeshadow in Red 1 (Coral), Copper 1 (Gold-Bronze), Copper 2 (Yellow-Gold)
- MAC shadow in Shroom applied with the Body Shop Travel Shadow Brush
- ELF waterproof, felt-tip liquid liner [$1]
- Revlon Cushion Grip Lash Curler
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara
- ELF Natural Lashes in Black [$1] with Clear LashGrip Waterproof Lash Glue

LIPS:
- Vaseline
- NYC Tinted Lip Balm in Sugar Kiss [$2.50] with portable Lip Brush


      A face Primer is very important for this incredibly sweaty occasion that is called Prom.
      My experience?
      It was the end of June and all my exams were over. It was about 26°C, incredibly sunny, and we were sweating our balls out. The limo was PACKED! I'm sure there was 11 people in there.. which just made it extreemely humid and naasty. It was nice out though, I totally didn't mind :) I loooove the heat! ..but just not in my prom dress with my boob tape coming off & slipping and sliding all over my back from my sweat :S no thanks!
      Thankfully though, for my boyfriend's skillful cousin, my makeup stayed put and did not melt through the night, into the after party, through my pillow into the next day.

      Try not using a foundation with SPF - or at least not too much. SPF gives off a white-ish 'glow' with flash photography which is not flattering. I'm sure no one wants to mismatch with their neck now..
      I used Studio Fix Fluid in this tutorial for better coverage & lasting power. I have yet to use Revlon PhotoReady on a sweaty day so I'm not too sure what the result would be. If you have oily skin and don't really trust just your primer and a good foundation, set it with a powder to keep your face matte.

      The 66 Well Eyeshadows from Urban Outfitters was actually a present that was given to me this past Christmas. I was extremely excited since it definitely added to my collection, but at first glance I wasn't too impressed with the quality :S. At a friend's photoshoot I gave it another chance and voila! I was hooked! Since these shadows aren't too pigmented, they blend pretty good, but some of the colors leave nasty streaks - I guess it's just about luck?
      I looove UD's Muchness in the Alice in Wonderland Palette. It upsets me that its regular shadow name is just "X". ...but then again, it's so awesome that it only needs one letter
:O

      False Eyelashes not only help to give a more dramatic eye, it also looks great in pictures!
      I was lucky enough to be born with a nice set of lashes.. but what I've noticed after having taken flash photography, my beautiful lashes have suddenly disappeared! As much as I love my natural lashes in person, I'd still want to be able to capture that effect in pictures.
      I like my lash glue - LashGrip does its job and keeps my lashes on for an entire night of endless jumping and squinting and possibly crying... :) but since it's clear and not dark, it still leaves that glue effect on my lids. I usually just fix that by going over with the same liner I used and, tada, problem solved!

      I wasn't thoroughly pleased with the lip color that I chose - I thought the color in the tin would show up more, instead of being incredibly sheer.
      I actually couldn't find my favorite Benefit gloss (which has been discontinued!!! :( :(). It was a more colored pink which definitely would have suited this look even more.










Upcoming Tutorial: Classic Hollywood & Wavy Hair
See you soon!


thismessagewasbroughttoyouby♥Ingrid



Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel! :)
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @whimzicleinga
Follow me on Twitter: @_sexformoney

No comments:

Post a Comment