Friday, May 14, 2010

Everyday Face/"Natural" Glow

      Inga here! Our first official Face of the Day (FOTD) segment continued by the lovely Miss Ingrid :p



This is literally my go-to face.


      When I'm on my way to school, the boyfriend's house (sometimes; he usually prefers me au naturale), (ex)work, etc etc, the only time for me to actually get ready is on transit (bus, subway) ..so THIS. IS. IT!!!! ....though I totally don't advise you guys to do make-up on-the-go. Totally dangerous. If I wasn't so awesome, I could've poked my eye out (I'm almost always 87% there). Mind you, my travel time usually takes 45 mins to an hour since my school is downtown and my boyfriend lives in a different city, so I get a little bored and maybe a little overboard with this routine.
      Let me assure you - all those extra steps are going to be helpful. I know it might be a little too much for everyday use? ..but since I don't actually go OUT every single day, my face gets ample time to breathe. My face is acne prone and I have lots of redness/discoloration from scarring and ...I'm guessing just hormones?... so I'm definitely not perfect.



Magical Tools:

all prices are Canadian

FACE:
- Johnson's Aloe And Vitamin E Baby Lotion (affordable & perfect for sensitive skin!)
- ELF's Mineral Face Primer (not a necessity, so skip this as needed. ) [$6]
- Revlon PhotoReadyFoundation in 005 Natural Beige [$19, on sale for $9 :)]
- Lise Watier Portfolio Correction Concealer in Light Complexion [$33]
--applied with Essence of Beauty Foundation/Concealer Duo Brush (this brush set is available in stores in USA) [$12 for set of 3 duos]
- NYC Matte Bronzer in 720C Sunny [$3.89] with ELF Blush Brush [$3 single, mine came w/ brush set]
- MAC Cheek & Cheerful Mineral Blush [$25] with EcoTools Blush Brush [..both were gifts]
- Highlighter: shimmery/satin eyeshadow with pink undertone from MAC [refills are $13, normal $17.50]

EYE:
- ELF Eyebrow Kit [$3] + Great Lash Clear Mascara
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin [$21]
- MAC shadows in Shroom, white shimmering pink, golden peachy-bronze applied with the Body Shop Travel Shadow Brush
- ELF waterproof, felt-tip liquid liner [$1]
- MAC shadow in Carbon with Travel Angled Brush
- Revlon Cushion Grip Lash Curler
- L'oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara

LIPS:
- Vaseline
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in 70 Airy Fairy [$4-$8]
- Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Eastend Snob


IN DEPTH summary/analysis of items used after the jump! preeetty picture happy! 

You have been warned...





      I'm actually currently at my boyfriend's house in the video.... so if you suddenly hear some random cries and me looking over to roll my eyes .... it's because of him. He's watching some live streamed Star Craft game and he's really getting into it. Let's call it.... the nerdy version of Football? Wrestling? Sure.







First Step:       Make sure your face is clean ..and MOISTURIZE!
      This step is optional... but apply a Face Primer after you've let your moisturizer soak in. As you've noticed... I like to use a lot of ELF products :) this is because their products are waaaaaayy cheap! As in ONE DOLLAH ONLEEE! Sure, you're getting what you paid for. ..but for a student on a budget, starting up my collection with alright-products is good for practice. Watch out for their not-so-amazing customer service and expensive shipping cost too (mainly for Canadians)!
      Another cheap face primer is Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel.
      Primers help to create a smoother surface on the skin by filling in pores, acne craters and fine lines. It also results in soft skin.. and as far as I've experienced with ELF's, veeeelvety smoof!






      Once your primer sets, it's time for foundation!
      It's always good to look around and try out some foundations before sticking to one - drugstores are always good to check out since their return policy is great, especially if you got the wrong shade/allergic reaction/or just plain don't likey.
      I absolutely looove Revlon PhotoReady!!! Even though shimmer's supposed to exaggerate flaws (pimples, flakey dry skin etc), I cannot get over the silky, airbrushed finish. Since it's pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation, it's a great dupe of Makeup Forever's HD foundation :). The pump is more precise, smooth application, easy to blend, and the shimmer is just perfect for a dewy look. ...The shade I got is a teeny bit dark for me - I'm sure it's because I got the Natural finish which has a bit of a red undertone, but the Medium looks more olive-y.





      Not everyone is lucky enough to have perfect skin and the recommended hours of sleep.
      I know this concealer is extremely expensive.. you can try out NYC's Concealer Wheel at a muuuch cheaper price. Concealers and foundations are definitely items you should invest in. If you get a crappy concealer, not only could it not really work? but it could also dry out your skin and just melt throughout the day. Wheels/palettes are a good investment 'cuz not only do you have different shades, they have different uses which can help make your face even closer to perfection :)
      ....I like to put my concealer after my foundation to have an estimate of how much more coverage I need.






      Bronzers are great to accentuate, or even fake, features anywhere on your face:
      By putting it in the hollows of your cheeks, it helps to deepen it & put an illusion of a shadow beneath the cheekbone. This shadow then accentuates the height of your cheekbones.
      Foreheads that feel seemingly too big can be slimmed down by putting bronzer by the hairline & shaped accordingly.
      I personally like putting bronzer on the sides of my nose to help make it look slimmer and less flat (since I'm azn hehe). Personally... bronzer's more "natural" than using a dark shadow since it gets equalized with the rest of your face.
Matte bronzers help to give more of a slimming look, than with shimmery ones that look more placed.








      MAC's Mineralized Blush is pretty sheer if applied lightly (duhr) and shimmery. This shimmer gives a nice glow to the face as well as helping to achieve that dewy look. It's perfect for the summer if you still need that coverage but don't want a foundation/makeup-y look.







      An eyeshadow base/primer is veeerrryyyy important not only for oily lids but as well as to help with long-wear. I actually have naturally oily lids so.. eyeshadow or even just eyeLINER can't last on 4 hours on a summer day without smudging/creasing. .....sooooo not hot.
      I usually do like to use UDPP in Sin because of its shimmery champagne color - it works great as a shimmery, light base as well as on its own. Putting shadow over it helps for it to last longer. On other days that I don't want too much shimmer (especially if the shadows I'm going to use have excessive amounts of it), I try to grab the original (which I only have in trial size =c) or other matte/non-shimmery base.






      The all-over shadow is a nice, satin-y, champagne color that blends into my skin-tone pretty well. Since it's shimmery and light, it helps to brighten up my tired eyes which make them look awake :)
      The coppery-brown shadow is dark enough to use as a contour on my crease, but not too dark to harshen the "natural" look.
      The pinky-pearly shadow is perrrrfect for my highlight - it gives a nice iridescent shimmer that also helps to accentuate my brow bone.
      ---this combination is basically my-eyes-but-BETTER.






      Mascara is NECESSARYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is NOT an option. Would you rather try looking into a room with the door halfway open or aalllllll the way? ?!
      Ya. That's right.
      L'oreal's new Telescopic Explosion - which is a dupe of Givenchy's Phenomen'eyes - is greaat for precision placement! The (insert weapon here) shape, especially since it's small, helps to coat the inner lashes.. as well as position & maneuver the direction of your lashes.







      Putting color on your lips always helps to finish polish the look. If you're not a lipstick person, stick to a colored gloss! Since this is for an everyday look, a nude would work out well, but you could go ahead and put a bold color as well. The eyes are subtle, but not too bland, enough to pull off a dark/bright color.







      Hope this helped!.............

























bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment