Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"GLAM" PROM EYES!

Hope I'm not too late! But I do know that it's prom season right now, so what better look to do?
I know some people hope to go ALL OUT during prom, but I thought for those who don't wanna be remembered as a clown, then this would be suitable :) (just kidding!)
This look is fairly neutral, so I think it would go with many dress colors! Neutrals such as black, white, silver, grey, or brown; or even some colors like purple or blue. I wouldn't immediately run to this look for a bright colored dress, but the procedure is simple and very versatile to accompany any dress color or type :) Hope you like!


Old schoooool ;) It's PROM, y'all needed something to dance to!

PRODUCTS USED:
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion ($22 @ Sephora)
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Cottage Cheese and Slate ($4.99-$5.99 @ Rexall Pharmacy)
MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow ($17.50 @ MAC Stores, counters, and online)
Kat Von D for Sephora Ludwig palette - Leather eyeshadow ($44 @ Sephora)
Rimmel Smokey Noir quad - black eyeshadow (around $6? lol oops! at drugstores)
Maybelline Expert Wear Sunlit Bronze quad - lightest color for highlight ($6-$7 @ drugstores)
Maybelline Expert Studio gel liner - Blackest Black ($9.99 @ Wal-Mart)
Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express waterproof mascara ($6.99 @ drugstores)
Lips:
Vaseline
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight ($5.99 @ drugstores)
Stila lip glaze in Blackberry (sephora.com says $22 but I got this in a set from Urban Outfitters)

   For most people, prom is a major deal and you want everything to be perfect! Your make up most DEFINITELY falls under this category.

   For starters, you want it to last all night long (through the dancing, the sweating, and whatever follows the prom itself ;) ahaha) which is why the PRIMER is key. Urban Decay Primer Potion is a really good primer and allows your eye makeup to last for a really long time. It also makes the colors more vibrant!
   To also make the color pop, I applied a light and shimmery base. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils are my faaavourite! I used 'Cottage Cheese' on my lid prior to adding any shadow. It just makes the colors stand out more against my skin tone.
   MAC's Satin Taupe is a frost finish, which means it gives off an iridescent shine - which is gorgeous for any occasion, especially prom! The color in itself is gorgeous, and is pretty neutral (taupe is initially brownish grey). What adds the frost is the silver sheen to the shadow.
   To smoke out the look and make it look more dramatic, I added a blend of dark brown and black in the outer corner - both matte. Matte is important because of course during prom, you're gonna be taking loads of pictures! Shimmery or frosty shadows reflect light in pictures and won't show up as well; and you want your nicely done eyes to show up, don't you! Matte shadows don't really reflect light, well, 'CAUSE THEY MATTE! Lol. But of course you don't want your eyes to look completely boring so, of course, the frosty taupe rounds out this look.
   I have found that gel eyeliner lasts the longest, so it is suitable for this occasion. To add onto the drama, try winging it out to your desired length. Winged out eyeliner also adds onto the illusion of longer lashes, too. I personally have practically non existent eyelashes so big wing for me! The Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner is waterproof, which works great for the long lasting factor. To deepen my eyes, I also lined my waterline with yet another NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil, in Slate. I didn't use black only because I wanted to stray away from the harsh darkness.
   Lastly, finish off with an also waterproof mascara. You wouldn't want your mascara running after enduring the sweat it may face from the dancing.... not cute.

   For lips, I didn't want to do something too out there especially if you wanted to make your eyes really dramatic. I went for Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight to mute out the natural color of my lips, then to bring back some color, added Stila Lip Glaze in Blackberry, which is kind of a brownish purple.

If this was a little difficult to follow, here is the video tutorial:


Hope you guys liiiiiked! Enjoy your prom :)
Subscribe!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/whimzicleinga
Follow!!! http://twitter.com/whimzicleinga

<3 Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment